Saturday, November 21, 2009

Touques For Babies Too



One thing that I have really enjoying making in the last few months is a touque for my little baby. He looks sooo cute in it.

I was visiting my mom one afternoon, and of course the baby is whisked out of my arms so she can kiss him 1 million times (her first grand-baby). So my hands were free. I dug through her yarn and within about 1 hour I had this beautiful little hat done. I just tried something from my head. I didn't use any specific pattern. I love the way it turned out. The ribbing makes it more textured and unique looking and regular weight yarn (not baby yarn) keeps it warm. The little extra bulk I think makes it even cuter.

Since then I have made one for a friend whose baby was just born a few days ago. I used the same design as the blue one, but I added a purple flower. It looks adorable.

Oh I have to give credit to a dear friend, Lindsay, who took the photo of Cody and I. She as a wonderful talent for taking beautiful pictures and is very creative when it comes to scrapbooking (her passion). You can see more of her beautiful photography at www.lindsaydawnesthoughts.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment