Friday, September 24, 2010

Denim purse with Flower Yo-Yos




Today I was lucky enough to have the majority of it to myself. My hubby took Cody out for the day to get him out of the house so I could have a quiet day. I first cleaned the house (much needed)and spent a little time outside to cut the grass. Actually I just needed to do something outside, because it was too nice to pass up. The sun was shining, which something we have hardly seen in the last 4 months. Anyway after that I spent sometime figuring out a layout for a new baby quilt and I put together this cute medium sized purse. I used some old jeans for the denim and finished the inside with a funky and colorful quilting cotton. It's the same one that I used for the strap etc on the last denim bag I posted. I also used this cotton to form the flower yo-yo's on the front of the bag. They are super cute!

I hope to get several more bags done soon. I am going to have a table at a local area craftshow at the end of November. It's in a small community called LaCorey. I am excited and nervous. I always am when I put things on display! Likely I will eventually get this bag listed in my Etsy shop. For now it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment