Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cancer Fundraiser



FOR SALE!! MANY OF THESE PRETTY THINGS! ALL MONEY TO MY PLEDGE FOR THE WEEKEND TO END WOMENS CANCERS!

Okay now that the little guy is in bed I have a few minutes to write down a few things. First, I mentioned in my last post that I will be at the Family Fair in Cold Lake on Feb 27. I have decided just to do the one day since I don't have very many items made. I hope it doesn't end up being a total flop for me, since I don't have much to show. I have been sewing steadily, when I can, to have some things to sell and display. But it's really hard to do that kind of thing with a little one. Oh well, that's the way it goes, and it's only because the pressure is on to have things done by then!

Anyway, moving on, as some of you know, I am doing a cancer fundraiser this year. I am participating in the Weekend to End Women's Cancers on August 7 and 8, 2010. I will be walking 60km in Edmonton. I have been so fortunate so far to have people who have donated money. I have raised $200 of my $2000 dollars. That's exciting!

One especially exciting thing that I am doing to raise some more funds is making and selling fabric flower accessories. So far you have seen them on some of my bags. But now I am attaching them to hair elastics, and clips too. These look awesome in your hair and also on your wrist, as you can see in the picture above. All of the ones for my fundraiser will include the color pink, since that is the representing color. But I am going to add some other colors in the mix too.

I am selling them for $3.50. That might sound a little steep, but keep in mind all of the money will be going toward my cause. So essentially I am donating all the time it takes to make them and the cost of the materials.

They really are a bargain. When was the last time you were in the mall and saw such a unique and pretty accessory for a great price AND a great cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment