Monday, December 14, 2009

Orange Crush




Yesterday amoungst the normal day-to-day activities, I managed to complete a baby blanket! I made it for a friend whose baby could be being born as we speak...I am not sure! She was feeling like the baby might come at any time, but I haven't heard anything yet.
This was a great project to do because it was so easy and quick. Instead of using squares of fabric, I just chose a print and used one big rectangle for the center. Then I bordered it with some fun funky orange flannel. The back is green, and tied to the front throughout the quilt. This tying method is quick and not nearly the work as actually machine quilting. I sewed the front and back in a envelope style so that the edges are finished and not ragged as they are in the middle.
I am really pleased with the way it turned out! It was fast and fun to do. I love that baby stuff now can be any color. And orange is a fun color to work with.
If you know of someone who would like one of these for their baby...or if you are having a baby...I can make something like this for you. What colors would you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment